Bachmann Europe Plc
Mr. Ting Hsiung-chao established Kader, The world’s largest model railway manufacturer, in Hong Kong in 1948. The factory began making household goods and toys, and in 1952 the company made its first model trains for a customer in America (Bachmann). Bachmann began life in the USA in 1833 as an importer and manufacturer of luxury goods. Kader purchased the Bachmann Company in 1987.
In Germany, Liliput is the brand name of Bachmann Europe Plc operating out of Altdorf near Nuremburg, Prior to being acquired by Bachmann in 1993, the company had manufactured trains in Vienna, Austria since its formation in 1947. It was sold to a German model company (Herpa) in 1992 and sold to Kader a year later.
Today, Kader and its in-house Bachmann brands produce model trains for the German, European, American and Chinese market. Each division has a major input into all aspects of development up until the actual manufacturing process and then again afterwards with the promotion, distribution and sales of the finished product. Kader is worldwide accepted as a manufacturer for major model railways and slot cars.
- Liliput (HO, HOe, N & G scale German/European models)
- Bachmann/Spectrum (N, HO, On30 & G scale American models)
- Branch-Line (00 scale English models)
- Graham Farish (N scale English models)
- Aristo-Craft (G scale American models)
- Bachmann China (H0 scale Chinese models)
- Woodland Scenics (Model scenic materials)
- DPM (Building kits)
- Scenecraft (Buildings & Figures)